We use the data we gather to perform a number of tasks, including:
- placement of a candidate into a particular employment role as defined by our clients; or the provision of resourcing, outsourcing or consultancy
- maintaining our records of our candidates, clients and contacts;
- conducting marketing, profiling and business development activities as well as market research and statistical analysis regarding our products and/or services;
- complying with any legal or regulatory requirements and to make the necessary disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, guideline, circular or code which are applicable to us for the prevention of crime.
- Reporting requirements to clients where we offer Managed Services (RPO / MSP)
Client contacts: We use the information collected from clients to ensure that we provide business services to you. This will involve identifying candidates that will meet your requirements or providing other business services from our portfolio.
Suppliers: we use the data collected to ensure the business arrangements between us run smoothly.
Referees and emergency contacts: we use the data collected to contact you for a reference or to contact you as a candidate’s emergency contact in the event of an accident or other emergency.
Our lawful basis for processing your data
We consider that it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a recruitment business to process your personal data. At different stages in the recruitment processes we also have other lawful grounds for processing your data such as compliance with our legal obligations and where it is necessary for the performance of contracts related to the recruitment process.
We think you will have an expectation that if you are looking for employment or have posted your CV or other professional information on a job board or professional networking site, that you are happy for us to collect and use your personal data to provide our recruitment services to you and to share that information with prospective employers.
During the recruitment process the client may want additional information (such as the results from psychometric evaluations or skills tests) or to confirm your references, qualifications and criminal record, where appropriate and in accordance with local laws. We may also need to use your personal information for internal administrative purposes, such as contract administration, payroll and invoicing. We also have our own obligations under law, and we may be required to share your data in connection with those legal requirements.
Where we are required by law to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data, we will obtain it.
Client contacts and other third parties involved in the supply of resourcing services (e.g. umbrella companies and personal service companies)
We collect, store and use your name and contact details for our legitimate interests, so that we can:
- send you the details of candidates and consultants and contact you about our Services; and
- maintain our business relationship with you.
This allows you to be contacted to receive and administer any Services which you or your organisation has requested. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and client contacts is an essential part of what we do as a recruitment business and, as such, it is in our legitimate interests to process your data for such purpose.
In the case of contacts at umbrella companies and personal service companies this allows you to be contacted to receive, on behalf of your employer, details of current and future assignments, related timesheet data and payment details.
We do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
All users of the Site and our Services
We collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to make the Site available to you; and
- to provide any Services that you request.
Sometimes, our use of your personal information is for purposes which are ancillary to the provision of the Site and then Services, or which are desirable to make them to operate more effectively. In those circumstances, we believe we have a legitimate interest in handling your personal information, and do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.